Long-Term Care Insurance
Long-term care insurance helps cover the costs of a nursing home, an assisted living facility, home health care and other services to assist with daily activities like dressing, eating and bathing. Many Missourians believe Medicare covers long-term care costs, but Medicare offers very limited coverage for these services, generally for no more than a few months.
Consumers should talk to their financial advisors about how to cover any needed long-term care, whether that’s paying those costs directly, buying long-term care coverage from a private insurance company or qualifying for Medicaid. This page provides consumers with assistance in answering these questions.
- Frequently asked questions
- General information on long-term care, the costs, insurance coverage and more.
- Understanding partnership policies
- A special kind of long-term care insurance that makes it easier to qualify for Medicaid.
- Long-term care costs
- Average costs for long-term care in the United States.
- Links & resources
- Contact information for financial, health and insurance help in Missouri.