94-06: Company Appointments/Cancellations
* This bulletin was repealed by 08-05
From: Jay Angoff, Director
Re: Company Appointments/Cancellations
Date: August 11, 1994
The Missouri Department of Insurance has developed alternative methods for submitting appointments/cancellations. Companies may file appointments/cancellations on personal computer diskette using one of two methods:
- A company may take the enclosed specifications and generate the file on diskette, or
- A company can use a department created data entry personal computer program to generate the file on diskette. This computer program will generate the appointments/cancellations in the proper form on the diskette. This program can be acquired from the department by sending a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope and a 3 1/2" pre-formatted IBM compatible diskette to:
Missouri Department of Insurance
Licensing -- Diskette Filing Program
PO Box 690
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0690
All diskettes submitted must be on a 3 1/2" IBM Compatible format.
Companies filing electronically on diskette should send their appointments/cancellations to the department with:
- The Company Appointment/Cancellation Diskette Submission Authorization Form completely filled out, and
- A properly labelled diskette.
Companies unable to produce the diskette may continue to file the NAIC Midwest Zone Request for Company Appointment/Cancellation form. This form was mailed to all companies on July 6, 1994. Some of the states require this form on two-part paper. Missouri does not require a duplicate page so you may submit a single form to the Missouri Insurance Department. You may duplicate the NAIC Midwest Zone Request for Company Appointment/Cancellation form for Missouri, but do not use it in the other states unless they too will accept a single form. Missouri must have the State Company Number as well as the NAIC Number on the form.
No matter which method is selected for filing, it is required that all correspondence with the department must reference the company name and company number EXACTLY as it appears at the beginning of this bulletin. Abbreviations of the company name will result in rejected appointments and cancellations due to improperly identified companies.