93-02: Small Employer Health Insurance Availability Act
* This bulletin was repealed by 08-05
RESCINDED AND INOPERATIVE
From: Jay Angoff, Director
Re: Small Employer Health Insurance Availability Act
Date: January 29, 1993
The Missouri Insurance Department records show that your company is authorized to transact accident and health insurance in Missouri.
All insurers with this authority are required to pay an initial assessment of one thousand dollars ($1,000) to fund the cost of implementing this Act. No further assessments required under this Act will apply to your company unless your company is a "small employer carrier" as defined in the Act.
The act requires your company to remit this assessment before April 1, 1993.
Please also provide your response to the following questions:
1. Company Name: ____________________________________________________
2. Is your company currently insuring small employer health plans in Missouri? ______
3. Will your company act as a small employer carrier after July 1, 1993? ______
4. If so, please provide the name of a contact person familiar with your company's activity in this market.
NAME AND PHONE NUMBER _______________________________________________
5. Does your company have an interest in participating on the health benefit plan committee? ______
6. Does your company wish to have representation on the board of the reinsurance program? ______
PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS BULLETIN WITH YOUR PAYMENT. MAKE YOUR CHECK PAYABLE TO THE "MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE." THANK YOU