Resident Producer Licensing Application & Requirements
In order to qualify as a Missouri resident insurance agent, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass the appropriate license examination.
- If applying by mail, submit a $100 application fee. Fee may be paid by check or money order, made payable to DIFP – Insurance.
- Submit the NAIC Uniform Application for Individual Insurance Producer License in one of two ways:
- Online -or -
- Print and mail to MO DIFP – Insurance, PO Box 4001, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- 1033 Waiver Application
Veterans reimbursement for licensing exams
Veterans taking a state licensing examination required by the department can be reimbursed for the cost of the exam. Click here to learn more about exam reimbursement for veterans.