Resident Agency/Business Entity Producer Licensing
Licensing Requirements for Entities Domiciled in Missouri
Missouri-domiciled corporations, associations, partnerships, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, or other legal entities acting as insurance producers are required to obtain a resident insurance business entity producer license.
- Domestic corporations, associations, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, or other legal entities. Attach a Certificate of Good Standing, Certificate of Incorporation, or a Certificate of Organization. The certificate must be dated within the past year and issued by the Missouri Secretary of State.
- Partnerships: Attach a copy of the Registration of Fictitious Name issued by the Missouri Secretary of State.
- Sole Proprietorship: A Registration of Fictitious Name is not required.
- List all Missouri licensed insurance producers conducting business on behalf of the business entity producer. Include the producer’s legal name and Missouri license number. The business entity producer must have at least one Missouri licensed producer at each place of business. The application will be returned if this listing is not attached.
- Attach a list of all branch offices conducting Missouri business.
- If application is submitted electronically, all organizational documents and other requirements must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Online Transactions.
- If application is mailed, all organizational documents and other requirements must be mailed with paper application and fee.
Change of Business Entity Producer Status
Changes to the information contained in the original application for a business entity producer license should be provided on Change of Business Entity Producer Status within 20 working days of the effective date of changes. Use this form to report business entity producer’s change of name, change of address, change of officer/owners/ or the licensed designated responsible person; change of branch offices; and changes of licensed producers.