Once a producer receives a license, that producer must satisfy continuing education requirements. These biennial requirements for a resident producer are:

Authority Hours Course Type
Life and/or Health* 16 Life/Health
Property and/or Casualty* 16 Property/Casualty
Life and/or Health and Property and/or Casualty* 16 Any Combination
Title 8 Title

* Such requirement shall include at least three hours of instruction in insurance ethics.

Nonresident producer’s license status will be verified through PDB as proof of continuing education compliance (PDB Participating State Report at http://www.nipr.com/maps/pdb-participation-map.htm). A certification letter from the producer's home state is not required.