Steps to Redomesticate to Missouri
- Consult with Captive Program Manager Maria Sheffield at
to determine if current financial information available for the captive insurer can be substituted for the financial information required of a new formation. Some items that may be considered to meet the financial filing requirements for redomestication include:
Most recent examination report.
Three most recently filed year-ending and most recently filed quarterly financial statements.
- Obtain an order of non-objection to the redomestication to Missouri from the foreign or alien domiciliary regulator which states that there are no open regulatory issues.
- Amend current articles of incorporation to contain provisions consistent with an insurer organized under Missouri captive law (sections 379.1300-1350, RSMo.).
- Submit items 2 and 3 as well as a captive application and related documents to the Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions and Professional Registration (DIFP). (Request a redomestication application and instructions.)
- DIFP will issue a certificate of corporate good, stating that the establishment and maintenance of the proposed corporation will promote the general good of the state. The certificate will include all of the following information related to the domestication to Missouri:
Domestication from the country of domicile.
Date of original organization in country of domicile.
That the Missouri captive is a continuation of the corporate entity.
- Submit documents to the Missouri Secretary of State: Certificate of incorporation is issued by SOS and a copy should be submitted to DIFP and the licensing process will proceed as with any other captive.