Non-Resident Business Entity Producer Licensing Requirements
Licensing Requirements for Entities Domiciled Outside of Missouri:
Corporations, associations, partnerships, sole proprietorships, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, or other legal entities acting as insurance producers are required to obtain an insurance business entity producer license.
- Submit the NAIC Uniform Application for Business Entity License/Registration in one of two ways:
- Online - or -
- Print and mail to to MO DIFP – Insurance, PO Box 4001, Jefferson City MO 65102
- If applying by mail, submit a $100 application fee. Fee may be paid by check or money order, made payable to DIFP – Insurance.
- Organizational Documents
- Foreign Corporations, Limited liability companies or limited liability partnerships; Attach a copy of the Certificate of Good Standing, Certificate of Incorporation, or a Certificate of Organization. The Certificate must be dated within the past year and issued by the state granting the authority to conduct business as a corporation or limited liability company or by the Missouri Secretary of State. If the business entity has an office in the state of Missouri, the certificate must be issued by the Missouri Secretary of State. In lieu of a Secretary of State document, we will accept a letter of certification dated within the past 6 months from your home state insurance department.
- Partnerships: Attach a copy of the Registration of Fictitious Name.
- Sole Proprietorship: A Registration of Fictitious Name is not required.
- Other Requirements
- List all Missouri licensed insurance producers conducting business on behalf of the business entity producer. Include the producer’s legal name and Missouri license number. The business entity producer must have at least one Missouri licensed producer at each location conducting Missouri business. The application will be returned if this listing is not attached.
- Attach a list of all branch offices conducting Missouri business
- If application is submitted electronically, all organizational documents and other requirements must be faxed to 573-526-3416 – Attn: Beth/Shelly.
- If application is mailed, all organizational documents and other requirements must be mailed with paper application and fee.
A nonresident insurance business entity producer may renew the license biennially with a $100 license fee. The renewal date will be two years from the business entity producer’s licensure and each two-year period thereafter. A renewal notice will be mailed approximately 60 days in advance of the renewal date.